Friday, January 20, 2012

HNY 2012

Lazzzzzzzyyyyyyyy.

Plans for 2012:

  • Try more beer
    • Had three ice cold Fiji Gold takis at a recent department outting to Pac Harbour and....I was surprised at how easily it went down. Actually, in the hot summer night it felt (yes felt, not tasted) really good. 
  • Learn to drive
    • Already got me Learners Permit woot! Nevermind that it took me one whole year after getting my  road code book to do so. Also, have just started driving lessons, double woot!! I'm learning manual transmission because I think it's a useful skill to have. For some reason I keep picturing myself stranded in the Irish countryside with no buses or automatic vehicles in sight. The bg of the daydream is straight out of Leap Year - one of the very few RomComs that I enjoyed (it's actually a bad movie...I think I was brain dead from hunger when I watched it).
  • Travel 
    • Chats with a uni-mate, Baigani (no seriously, thats what I call them IRL) once again reminded me that life is short and that this is the best time (while still commitment-free) to travel and have fun. I've always dreamed of doing the whole working-holiday thing but I always think about the opportunity cost of doing so - career wise. Not forgetting the massive dent it would put in my savings. So instead of one big trip, I'm going to target small trips here and there.
  • Expand work knowledge
    • Learn other units work to qualify for succession planning.
That's all I got. Also realised that my blog title no longer makes sense now that I've changed usernames. 

Cosplay pic before I leave. Can't remember where she's from.